Western Health Advantage (WHA) individual plans are available to Northern California residents in the following counties within our service area: Marin, Napa, Sacramento, Solano, Sonoma, Yolo and parts of El Dorado and Placer counties.
All Covered California plans feature ten essential benefits, plus:
- Access to care without leaving home with virtual options for primary care, urgent care, and behavioral/mental health services
- Comprehensive network of clinical providers conveniently located in the counties WHA serves
- 24/7 Nurse advice line
- Wellness resources like free CommunityFit exercise classes, and gym membership discounts
- Assist America travel service
- Chronic disease management, including an online Diabetes Reversal program through Virta Health
Compare 2021 Plan Summaries
Lost your employer coverage or have a “qualifying event”?
Special enrollment due to a qualifying event
If you are looking for coverage due to a qualifying event (loss of employer coverage, marriage, divorce, or loss of coverage due to a change in location, please review the details and steps. If you have had a qualifying event, you have 60 days to enroll in a new plan.
Special enrollment period under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) as of April 2021
To help those who don’t have health coverage during the pandemic, Covered CA has opened up a special enrollment period through DATE. Those who are currently uninsured and have not experienced a “qualifying event” can sign up for an individual plan through Covered CA. In addition, you may qualify for additional subsidy to help pay for your health plan premium.
Enroll in a Plan
Compare costs and plan benefits, read about coverage details, then enroll. Three primary things to know when enrolling in a health plan:
- With an HMO, you use in-network providers to get your care. Find a list of providers here.
- Preventive services are covered under a metal tiered plan (gold, silver, bronze), yet not always covered 100%. Some services you get from your doctor are subject to copay, coinsurance, and in most cases, a deductible. Learn more about health plan basics here.
- To get personalized help by phone, call WHA’s member services: 916.563.2250 or 888.563.2250 toll-free. They are available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Or to enroll yourself online, visit Covered CA website.
we've got you covered
As a provider-sponsored health plan, we support the doctor-patient relationship and offer access to quality doctors and hospitals. Our Advantage Referral program allows members to access most specialist physicians within WHA’s network, not just within their medical group.
we're always here for you
We support medical innovation and promote whole-person health to suit the various needs of the communities we serve. We provide our members with access to a wealth of preventive health information and resources from 24/7 nurse advice to travel assistance services.