Western Health Advantage (WHA) respects your privacy and protects your health information throughout our organization and is obligated to do so under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other applicable privacy laws. WHA has adopted policies and practices regarding the appropriate collection, use, storage, and disclosure of your information.
Under HIPAA, members have certain rights. You have the right to:
- Request confidential or an alternate method of communication from WHA
- Obtain a copy or request an inspection of your Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Request Amendment of your PHI
- Ask WHA to limit what we share
- Request an Accounting of Disclosures
- Get a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices
- File a complaint if you feel your rights have been violated
You can exercise a right using the forms provided at the bottom of this page. Make sure to select the appropriate form based on the type of plan you have with WHA.
To learn how we access, use and disclose information about our members, please review our Notice of Privacy Practices [Notificación de Privacidad]. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please see the contact information section in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
Group/Individual Plan Members
CalPERS Basic Members
Last review date: January 1, 2023