Special Enrollment Period
If you have experienced a qualifying life event you may be eligible for special enrollment into a health plan – one outside of the usual open enrollment period. Examples of qualifying life events are loss of employer-sponsored coverage, a recent move, being newly married, and having a baby. This special enrollment period lasts 60 days from the date of the qualifying life event. When enrolling for coverage, you will need to provide the qualifying life event and the date of the event. Note: If 60 days pass and you do not sign up for health coverage, you will have to wait until the next open enrollment period.
Get A Quote For Coverage For Individuals and Families
Click on the Get A Quote button below to compare benefits and plans for 2023. You can also see if you qualify for financial help. If you'd like personalized support, you may also talk with one of WHA's individual plan specialists at 916.563.2250 (888.563.2250 toll-free) or email email@example.com.
Returning shopper? Log In
Already a WHA member? You can sign into your MyWHA account to review your current plan documents and coverage.
Shop with Covered California
You may be eligible to enroll in a WHA plan through Covered California and receive financial help to pay your monthly health coverage premiums. The federal government recently increased financial assistance to help people pay their premiums. See if you qualify for financial help to pay your monthly premiums.
ACCESS TO CARE
Our network – or our Partners in Care – includes six medical groups, which have about 3,200 doctors and specialists available to members. Find a Doctor >>> Search Online
In the Sacramento area, you will likely choose doctors affiliated with Hill Physicians, Mercy Medical Group and Woodland Clinic. You will have access to five hospitals, 41 labs and 10 imaging facilities, 13 urgent care locations. Members also have more than 285 in-network pharmacies, including many drive-throughs.
And of course, you have access to doctors from all of the medical groups in our network across Northern California, including those from our Meritage Medical Network, NorthBay Health, and Providence.
As a health plan created by doctors, we support the doctor-patient relationship and offer access to exceptional doctors and hospitals across our region. And, what makes WHA different is Advantage Referral, allowing members the flexibility to choose from among our network’s six medical groups for your specialty care, not just the one your doctor is in.
All Individual & Family plans feature ten essential benefits, plus:
- Access to care without leaving home with virtual options for primary care, urgent care, and behavioral/mental health services
- Comprehensive network of clinical providers conveniently located in the counties WHA serves
- 24/7 Nurse advice line and Teladoc® for virtual urgent care
- Wellness resources like exercise classes and discounts on gym membership and health/wellness products and services
- Assist America emergency travel assistance
NEW FOR 2023! Check out just a few of the added benefits and programs:
- Livongo® for Hypertension provides advanced tools to help manage high blood pressure, such as a connected blood pressure monitor sent to you to get real-time advice on your readings, along with one-on-one coaching and support. Those who have been diagnosed with hypertension (high blood pressure) may enroll in this program at no added cost with a WHA health plan.
- Nutritional counseling is now offered by WHA, one of the first health plans in our area to offer support for weight management issues. Whether dealing with issues of obesity, eating disorders, or needed weight gain, you simply talk to your doctor to get a referral to a nutritionist for visits. You'll have the same costs that you would have for a primary care office visit.
- Kaia Health for back, neck, and knee pain is an innovative digital physical therapy app and coaching program. Kaia's computer vision technology features real-time automated exercise feedback, function assessment, and warm-ups for virtual therapy is accessible anytime or anywhere.
- Virta Health is a telehealth program that reverses type 2 diabetes by helping participants lower blood sugar and A1C, reduce or eliminate diabetes medications, and lose weight. There are hundreds of WHA members in the program and already seeing great results. The coaching, services, and supplies, which is a value estimated at $3,000, are included at no added cost with a WHA health plan.
Our employees donate more than 2,000 volunteer hours serving on boards, working in schools, and supporting local non-profit organizations.