NURSE ADVICE (24 Hour)
Have a medical concern and are not sure what to do?
Western Health Advantage members who have health questions or concerns have access to a nurse advice phone line 24/7.
Hearing-impaired participants dial in by calling 711
When you need medical advice about a health issue, Western Health Advantage has nurses available 24/7 to answer questions and address any health concerns.
Through our confidential nurse advice line, members may talk with a registered nurse who can evaluate symptoms, offer advice, assess care and treatment options, and assist in determining whether to seek urgent or emergency care from a nearby network facility.
Members can talk directly to a registered nurse who can triage and guide members to the most appropriate level of care. In addition, the California-registered nurses can educate members with health-related information such as:
- How to care for minor injuries and illnesses
- The most appropriate type of care to seek based on their medical concern
- How to identify and address emergency medical concerns, such as signs of a heart attack or stroke
- How to prepare for doctor visits, listing all general medical information in advance, including current medications, symptoms, and ongoing health conditions
- Help explain or understand their prescription medications, provide information regarding dosage, side effects, and any interactions with other medications
- Lifestyle support to improve their health
- Help with interpreting lab tests
This service is particularly helpful when you need medical advice about a health issue, have questions about a health concern, or are feeling sick (or you are injured and unsure what to do). This 24-hour Nurse Advice service is provided at no cost as part of your WHA health plan. You’ll find the phone number on the back of your member ID card. For more virtual care options, see Virtual Visits.
Last review date: December 20, 2023