Peach Cobbler (Servings: 8)
- 6 medium peaches, sliced
- 6 1/3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large saucepan, combine peaches, 1/3 cup of the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat peaches.
- Set pan over heat and bring to a boil.
- Cook until misture thickens, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and transfer mixture to an 8 inch square baking pan.
- To make topping, in a large bowl, combine flour, remaining tablespoon of the sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Work in margarine with a for until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and stir until flour mixture is evenly moistened. Drop 8 tablespoons of topping mixture onto peach mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes.
For more Weight Management recipes, visit healthyeating.org.