Pumpkin Oatmeal (Serves: 4)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups uncooked rolled oats
- ¼ cup Splenda Brown Sugar blend
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 1.5-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, Splenda Brown Sugar blend, cinnamon, nutmeg and baking powder.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin, oil and egg.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the oat mixture; stir well.
- Pour oat mixture into baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm.
TIP: This recipe can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free oats and confirming all other ingredients are gluten-free.
For more diabetes friendly recipes, visit diabetes.org.