Dear Clinical Providers and Colleagues,
Welcome to our new Clinical Connections newsletter! We’re thrilled to be able to connect with you to share WHA programs, vital information and news. Feel free to pass this on to your staff and colleagues. We welcome your feedback on what you would like to learn from WHA. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diabetes Reversal. Your WHA members/patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes may be eligible to participate in this innovative, nutritional treatment program we’re offering with Virta Health. The telehealth program helps lower blood sugar and hemoglobin A1c, making it possible to reduce diabetes medications and lose weight. I’m excited to report that from the initial 150 patients in the program so far, 60% have already lost weight and reduced their medications. And, this program is at no cost to eligible WHA members!
- Steps to take with your patients:
- Learn about Virta at our web page
- Print/share this Virta flyer with your patients (also available; Spanish language flyer)
- Review FAQs for more information and to discuss with your patients
- Attend a special webinar for physicians on September 30, 2021 at 9 a.m., hosted by Virta.
- Free meter offer from Optum. For WHA members interested in monitoring their blood sugar levels, Optum is offering a no-cost blood sugar meter. There are two models available so you may provide guidance on what’s right for your patient and share this flyer on how to order their free meter.
News to Take Note
- Download the NEW Clinical Provider Handbook. This is your comprehensive resource for access to our policies, procedures, and standards in patient (member) care. It also includes important contacts, tools, and processes for communications with WHA, and the ongoing delivery of health care services to our members.
- Patients nearing age 65? Invite them to WHA’s “Get to know Medicare” online seminars. They’ll get valuable information on the parts of Medicare, key eligibility information, and dates. Pass on to those aging-in patients (and current Medicare beneficiary patients). More on our 2022 Medicare Advantage plan details coming next month.
- WHA is expanding into Humboldt County. Through our partnership with Providence, we are offering health plans to small and large groups in that region.
- Preventive screenings and vital immunizations – Due to the pandemic, many people did not receive routine immunizations last year and into 2021. We encourage our clinical providers to remind patients/members to get catch-up vaccines – and if needed, perhaps even when they pick up needed prescriptions at a preferred retail pharmacy.
- COVID-19 vaccines – Now, more than half of Californians are fully vaccinated. To address vaccine hesitancy, WHA posted videos about the vaccine and its safety on our Facebook page (we welcome you to “follow” and “like” or “share” WHA page) to encourage people to get the vaccine.