ELECTRONIC SOLUTIONS FOR PROVIDERS
Western Health Advantage has partnered with Emdeon, a leading provider of revenue and payment management, to provide electronic solutions for our provider partners.
WHA uses Electronic Data Interchange (EDI, the exchange of business transactions in a standardized format) technology to communicate claims, electronic remittance, claims payment, eligibility and other information, providing a paperless and efficient process. EDI also gives providers the ability to track electronic claims status online and access to daily accept/reject reports. This also means easier receivables and account reconciliation.
WHA claims will be routed through Emdeon, by providers preferred vendor/clearinghouse, which may be an existing process utilized today by your practice. WHA does not require Emdeon payer enrollment to submit EDI claims. Emdeon will review and validate the claims for HIPAA compliance and member data, then forward them directly to Western Health Advantage.
Getting started is easy
- Contact your practice management system vendor to initiate the process.
- Follow the same process as other electronic commercial submissions through Emdeon using our Payer ID.
- Providers can also submit directly to Emdeon. Emdeon Office Suite, is a multi-payer portal.
- For more information, please call Emdeon at 877.363.3666 or visit emdeon.com.
|Electronic Data Transactions||Emdeon Payer ID|
|Real-time Eligibility, Benefits and Claims Inquiry
(270/271 and 276/277 transactions)
|Electronic Claims Submission (837 file)||68039|
|Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) (835 file)|
|Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)|
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) & Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Western Health Advantage offers ERA and EFT through Emdeon. Some advantages of EFT include:
- Peace of mind: Payments will be in your account without delay due to mailing.
- Security: EFT eliminates lost or stolen checks.
- Time-saving: No more trips to the bank to deposit your check.
Once enrolled, providers will have access to Emdeon Payment Manager which allows you to search/view/print images of the ERA and review EFT information.
We love to help!
Contact Provider Relations at 916.563.2264 or email ProviderRelations@westernhealth.com