Published: January 5, 2022
You Say You Want a Wellness Revolution? Well, You Know...Make it a Personal One!
With 2022 barely here, start the year off with a personal wellness revolution, with the help from your WHA health plan and our partners! Take advantage of these programs to kick start yours with these suggestions.
Since we’re all about staying well, think about not only getting in shape, but also revamp or evolve your routines for your whole health – physical, mental, and emotional.
Step One: Set up your MyWHA.org account – that way, you’ll access more discounts and programs!
For Your Body
- Active&Fit TM celebrates WHA members in 2022 by waiving the $25 enrollment fee for the Standard Fitness Centers when you choose a gym from among participating locations. Learn more and enroll by visiting our MyWHA.org/fitness webpage.
- ChooseHealthy® is on the Active&Fit webpage, scroll down to save money using our newest program for product discounts from 10% - 50% on popular health and fitness brands. You must sign into your MyWHA account to access discounts.
- CommunityFIT classes resume early in 2022. Sign up for Move Lab or Stress Reset classes here and join these popular virtual exercises. Visit our library of recorded classes here for more.
For your Emotional Wellbeing
- If you are feeling anxious, you are not alone. Nationwide, Americans are struggling with behavioral health concerns, largely anxiety and depression. Our mental health partner, Magellan, helps you identify providers who can assist and provide needed support for your emotional wellbeing. Connecting with a therapist is a very individual experience and everyone’s needs are not the same. You will find options that work right for you and your family. Start by visiting myWHA.org/bh.
For Your Mind
Get smart about all the extras your WHA Health Plan offers to help you not only stay well, but be informed about how to make healthy lifestyle changes, from healthy meals to at home workouts:
- Preventive Care – New PCP? Set up your initial visit and keep your prescriptions, screenings and vital vaccines up to date. For more on what is covered in your plan, go to mywha.org/preventive. Visit myWHA.org/Preventive.
- Stay informed: one of the best ways is to stay up on latest health and wellness tips and how to make the most of your health plan, is sign up and read our WHA Blog and Advantage Magazine. You’ll learn about alerts, health and wellness tips, and resources to programs that are often at no cost to members.
- Omicron Variant – Go to MyTurn.CA.gov to schedule your COVID-19 vaccine, booster or even a flu shot. For details on symptoms of the latest variant, visit this link.
Need help setting goals for 2022? Use our Smart Goals worksheet.