Sirloin with Tomato, Olive, and Feta Topping Serves: 4
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound boneless top sirloin steak, all visible fat discarded, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a large airtight plastic bag, combine the garlic, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pepper. Add the steak and turn to coat.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together the topping ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Drain the steaks. Discard the marinade.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Remove from the heat and lightly spray with vegetable oil spray (being careful not to spray near a gas flame).
- Cook the steaks for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the desired doneness. (Or grill or broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat as directed.)
- To serve, place each steak on a plate. Spoon the topping over each serving.
For more Weight Management recipes, visit heart.org.