Scallops with Lime Sauce Serves: 14
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 pound bay or sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- Preheat the broiler. Position the rack 4 inches from the heat source. Cover a broiler pan or cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Spray generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice and oil. Add the scallops and toss gently to coat with the honey mixture.
- Arrange the scallops in a single layer on the prepared broiler pan or baking sheet. Broil until opaque throughout when tested with a tip of a knife, about 5 minutes. Turn the scallops over and broil for another minute.
- Divide the scallops onto 4 warmed plates. Pour any juices from the broiler pan or baking sheet over the scallops. Sprinkle with grated lime peel and serve with a lime wedge.
For more Weight Management recipes, visit mayoclinic.com.