Layered Mexican Casserole Serves: 4
- 1 10-ounce package frozen brown rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked skinless chicken breasts, cooked without salt (about 7 1/2 ounces cooked)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1 medium lime, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the rice using the package directions.
- Spread in an 8-inch square baking pan. Stir in the cumin.
- Drizzle with the oil. Using the back of a spoon, smooth the surface.
- Spoon the chiles over the mixture.
- Top, in order, with the cilantro, chicken, and cheese. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
- Serve with the lime wedges.
For more Low Cholesterol recipes, visit heart.org.