Lettuce-Wrap Tacos with Black Beans and Corn Serves: 4
- 1 cup canned no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 small Italian plum (Roma) tomato, diced
- 1/2 small avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa (lowest sodium available)
- In a small bowl, stir together the beans, corn, tomato, avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, and chili powder.
- Spoon 1/4 cup bean mixture into the center of each lettuce cup.
- Top with the Monterey Jack and salsa.
- For tacos, fold the sides of the lettuce over the filling.
- For burritos, roll the lettuce to enclose the filling, tucking the ends in.
- Secure each burrito with a toothpick.
For more Low Cholesterol recipes, visit heart.org.