Chilled Asian Asparagus Spears Serves: 4
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 6-ounce container fat-free vanilla yogurt
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water and apricots to a boil, covered, over medium-high heat, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the oats. Cook, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into bowls. Dollop each serving with the yogurt.
- Using the tip of a flat knife, such as a butter knife, swirl the yogurt through the oatmeal.
For more Low Cholesterol Recipes, visit heart.org.