Southwestern Potato Skins Serves: 6
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked until crisp, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Scrub potatoes and prick each several times with a fork. Microwave uncovered on high until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the microwave and place on a wire rack to cool.
- When cool to the touch, cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch of the flesh attached to the skin. (Save potato flesh for another meal.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chili powder and hot sauce.
- Brush the olive oil mixture on the insides of the potato skins.
- Cut each half of the potato skin in half again crosswise. Place the potatoes onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl gently mix together the turkey bacon, tomato and onions. Fill each potato skin with this mixture and sprinkle each with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the potato skins are heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
For more High Fiber recipes, visit mayoclinic.com.