Roasted Red Pepper and Chicken Wrap Serves: 2
- 4 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips 1/2 inch wide and 2 inches long
- 2 flour tortillas (spinach, garlic and herb, or pesto-flavored), 10 inches in diameter
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 cup lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into slices
- Spray a small nonstick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Add the chicken and saute over medium-high heat until the chicken is lightly browned and opaque throughout. Set aside.
- Heat a dry, large frying pan (without a nonstick surface) over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla to the hot pan and heat until softened, about 20 seconds per side. Repeat with the other tortilla.
- To serve, place a warmed tortilla on each plate.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the hummus on the tortilla.
- Then add half of the chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and roasted pepper to make each wrap. Fold in the sides and the bottom of the tortilla up over the filling, then roll to close.
- Cut each wrap in half crosswise and serve immediately.
For more High Fiber recipes, visit mayoclinic.com.