Penne Tossed With Tomatoes, Asparagus, and Goat Cheese Serves: 2
- 1/3 pound whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus, 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full with water and bring to boil.
- Add the pasta and cook until tender (al dente), 10 to 12 minutes, or according to the package directions. Drain the pasta thoroughly.
- While the pasta is cooking, put the asparagus and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the asparagus on high power until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic and pepper. Add the asparagus, pasta and goat cheese and toss until well-mixed. Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to cool.
- Divide the pasta between the plates. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve.
For more High Fiber recipes, visit mayoclinic.com.