- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. snipped, fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. canola or corn oil
- 13 to 14 oz. peeled, raw shrimp, rinsed, patted dry
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (romaine or iceberg)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Add the shrimp to the pan.
- Sprinkle the chili powder and cumin on the shrimp. Sprinkle with the garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes if using large shrimp, or 2 to 3 minutes if using small, or until the shrimp are pink on the outside, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- Using the package directions, warm the tortillas.
- Put the tortillas on a flat surface. Sprinkle with the lettuce, tomato, and olives.
- Spoon the sour cream mixture on each. Top with the shrimp.
- Fold 2 opposite sides of the tortilla toward the center. If you prefer a dramatic presentation instead, place 2 unfolded tacos side by side on a dinner plate. Fold each in half. Push a 6-inch wooden skewer through both tacos near the tops to hold them together. Repeat with the remaining tacos. Your family will be able to remove the skewers easily before eating the tacos.
For more Heart Healthy recipes, visit American Heart Association at heart.org.