Rainbow Pepper Saute Serves: 12
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 red, yellow and/or orange bell peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch slivers
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in oregano, salt and pepper; cover.
- Cook, stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat as necessary so the mixture doesn’t burn, until the peppers are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
For more Heart Healthy recipes, visit heart.org.