Vanilla Poached Peaches Serves: 4
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 4 large peaches, pitted and quartered
- Mint leaves or cinnamon, for garnish
- Place the water, sugar, vanilla bean and scrapings into a saucepan.
- Over low heat stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves.
- Continue to simmer until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cut fruit. Poach over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the peaches and sauce to small, decorative bowls.
- Garnish with mint leaves or a dusting of cinnamon.
- Serve immediately.
For more Heart Healthy recipes, visit mayoclinic.com.