Slow-Roasted Cherry Tomato Bruschetta Serves: 14
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 14 slices baguette (preferably whole-wheat), toasted
- Anchovy filets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Toss tomatoes with oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and roast until broken down, 45 to 55 minutes.
- Combine the roasted tomatoes with basil and vinegar.
- Top baguette slices with the roasted tomato mixture. Garnish with anchovy filets, Kalamata olives or sliced fresh basil.
For more heart healthy recipes, visit diabetes.org.