Dill and Feta Turkey Burger Serves: 4
- 1 lb extra-lean ground turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 Tbsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz crumbled low fat feta cheese
- 4 (2-oz) fresh bakery whole-wheat buns
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- Combine turkey, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Divide the meat into four equal portions, and form into patties.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add burgers, sauté for 2-3 minutes per side or until brown. Transfer to the oven, and cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Top with feta cheese, and cook for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with a salad.
For more Diabetes Friendly recipes, visit diabetes.org.