Slow-Cooker Chicken Fajita Burrito Serves: 8
- 1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken strips
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup salsa
- 1/3 cup water
- 1,15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 large low-carb tortillas
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced-fat, shredded cheddar cheese
- Place chicken breast strips in a slow-cooker. Top with remaining ingredients except for tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until done. Shred chicken with fork, if needed.
- Serve ½ cup chicken and bean mixture on each tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold into a burrito.
For more Diabetes Friendly recipes, visit diabetes.org.