Shrimp Caesar Salad Serves: 2
- 2 tablespoons broken walnuts (1/2 ounce)
- 2/3 cup whole-wheat penne pasta (2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups washed ready-to-eat Romaine lettuce
- 10 ounces cooked, peeled shrimp
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed (or 1 cup shelled fresh)
- 4 tablespoons low-calorie Caesar dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place a large saucepan filled with water on to boil over high heat.
- Preheat broiler. Line a baking tray with foil. Place walnuts on tray, and toast under broiler 1 minute. Remove tray from broiler, remove walnuts and set aside.
- Cook pasta 8 minutes. Drain, leaving 2 tablespoons pasta water in pan. Add olive oil to saucepan. Return pasta to pan, along with salt and pepper to taste. Toss well.
- Divide lettuce between two dinner plates.
- Add pasta. Top with shrimp, walnuts and edamame.
- Drizzle dressing over salad.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
For more diabetes friendly recipes, visit diabetes.org.