Parmesan Lemon Crusted Flounder with Green Beans Amandine Serves: 4
- cooking spray
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (juice divided)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 egg white
- 4 (4 oz) frozen flounder filets (do not thaw)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 Tbsp trans-fat-free margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (use from juiced lemon above)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray and set it aside. Add 8 cups of water to a large soup pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, lemon zest, grated parmesan cheese, olive oil, and garlic. Mix until the panko is coated with the olive oil.
- Lay the fish filets on the prepared baking sheet and brush each filet with egg whites. Coat the top of each filet with 2 Tbsp of panko mixture and press it in to the fish. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the lemon juice. Spray the top of each fish with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, par cook (blanch) the green beans for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add the margarine to a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, almonds, and green beans and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp lemon juice and sauté 2 more minutes.
- Build your plate with one fish filet and 1 cup of green beans.
Serve with: 1/2 cup cooked brown rice.
For more Diabetes Friendly recipes, visit heart.org.