Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons apple juice or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube, crushed OR 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
Chicken and Vegetables:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups cut-up fresh vegetables such as green onions, fresh mushrooms, carrots, red pepper,
- Broccoli florets, snow peas and celery
- 2 tablespoons Equal® Spoonful or Granulated*
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
*May substitute 3 packets Equal® sweetener
- For Lemon Sauce, combine vegetable stock, lemon juice, cornstarch, apple juice, soy sauce, chili sauce and chicken-flavored bouillon cube in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or heavy frying pan over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken and garlic until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add vegetables. Cook and stir about 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Return chicken to pan; add Lemon Sauce. Cook until sauce is thickened and bubbling. Stir in Equal®. Serve over rice, if desired.
For more Diabetes Friendly recipes, visit diabetes.org.