Skewered Shrimp, Chicken, and Pineapple (Serves: 8)
- 12 large shrimp (31-40 count, about 6 ounces) cleaned, de-veined, tails on
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 dash pepper
To prepare skewers:
- Thread shrimp, chicken, and pineapple on water-soaked wooden skewers, alternating shrimp and chicken with pineapple chunks. Place in shallow dish and sprinkle with pineapple juice.
- Heat grill to medium. Place skewers on grill surface and sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side until shrimp turn pink and chicken is completely cooked through. Remove from grill to a serving platter.
To prepare sauce:
- Dissolve cornstarch in lemon juice.
- In a small saucepan, stir together orange juice, honey, and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook 2 to 3 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Serve skewers with dipping sauce.
For more cancer-fighting recipes, visit the American Cancer Society: cancer.org.