Broccoli, Garlic, and Lemon Penne Serves: 4
- ½ pound penne pasta
- 5 cups broccoli florets or 1 (12-ounce) bag broccoli florets
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare penne according to package directions for al dente (just firm). Two to three minutes before penne is ready, add broccoli. Finish cooking, drain, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Sauté the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes, or until aromatic and beginning to color.
- Add broth and bring to a boil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until reduced by half, stirring frequently. Add pasta, broccoli, and lemon zest and cook until coated with sauce. Season generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl and top with cheese.
- Broccoli is high in folic acid, vitamins C and K, and fiber. It’s also one of the richest vegetable sources of calcium, iron, and magnesium.
|For more cancer-fighting recipes, visit the American Cancer Society: cancer.org.|