Hearty Meat Spaghetti Sauce (Serves: 4)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can of tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaf
- 1 cup vegetables (broccoli, red, green or yellow bell peppers, zucchini or carrots); save time with frozen pre-cut vegetables)
- Heat oil and saute the onions and garlic for 3-5 minutes. Add fresh vegetables, sauté for a few more minutes. If using frozen vegetables, add with tomatoes.
- Add the meat; cook until no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients; stir, simmer for 1 hour. Serve over spaghetti, preferably whole wheat for more fiber.
For more cancer fighting recipes, visit cancer.org.