California Citrus and Green Salad with Garlic Dressing (Serves: 4)
- 4 large cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp.. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp.. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 bag (8 oz.) pre-washed baby salad greens
- 1 navel orange, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- In blender, combine first five dressing ingredients.
- Puree until smooth. Add thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli to 1 quart boiling water and blanch for 1 minute.
- Drain well and let cool.
- In serving bowl, toss broccoli with remaining ingredients.
- Add dressing and toss again. Serve immediately.
For more Cancer Fighting recipes, visit the American Institute for Cancer Research (aicr.org).