Title: Content Developer
Department: Marketing/Community Relations
Posting Date: January 30, 2020
Requirements and Qualifications:
As a member of the marketing team, the Content Developer helps to evolve the company’s voice and editorial style to create a strong brand by producing well-articulated and consistent messaging. Responsible for developing creative content strategies to engage new and existing customers, across all lines of business, including small and large businesses, individual and family, and Medicare. Ensures deliverables are on message, on brand, and always have the audience in mind. The Content Developer’s writing and editing will span these deliverable types such as web, e-marketing, social media, sales collateral, educational resources, advertising, public relations, presentations, speeches, and more. This is accomplished by generating and proposing new content ideas and strategies based on experience, research and customer insights, as well as refining and optimizing content strategy and execution to improve performance.
- Coordinate the production of content for multiple publications.
- Ability to take accurate briefs from an internal customer, interpret the customer’s needs and issues, and debrief the marketing team for idea generation and solutions.
- Solid understanding of writing techniques for a variety of mediums including promotional and website copy, blog posts, syndicated articles, presentations, white papers and “explainers”, marketing and sales printed collateral, and press releases.
- Correspond in the correct voice and tone for a variety of audiences, content types, and channels.
- Take complex concepts and ideas and create clear, concise, audience-appropriate and engaging communications.
- Utilize knowledge of website copywriting techniques and standards, content management systems, and familiarity with Search Engine Optimization techniques.
- Track market trends by competitive benchmarking, customer reviews, market research, and market and industry seminars and events.
- Develop print, electronic, and web communication to support company goals.
- Edit and proofread all new content to ensure it meets established content standards.
- Work closely with other departments to integrate content with other organizational activities.
- Create internal and external communication pieces for all Western Health Advantage departments.
- Follow Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) marketing requirements for all Medicare plan materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Journalism, English, or a similar discipline.
- 3 years’ experience working in Marketing, Journalism, or a similar role.
- Must be familiar with a variety of advertising and marketing communication concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Previous experience working in the health care industry, specifically HMO and Medicare Advantage is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly desired.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to email@example.com EOE
Western Health Advantage cannot offer employment to individuals who would require sponsorship to work in the United States.