Published: November 28, 2023
Shopping for a Health Plan? WHA adds more in 2024
If you are shopping for an individual/family health plan, you’ll see several new benefits and programs available at no added cost as part of WHA’s 2024 individual plan. WHA offers these programs across all metal tiers. Here’s what you’ll want to compare in 2024 Individual Plans to help decide on what’s the right plan for you and your family:
- Side-by-side comparison of benefits, download or go online to get a quote
(and see if you qualify for financial help through Covered California), or simply
call a WHA Individual Plan Specialist at (toll-free) 888.499.3198 option 3 so they can help answer questions you may have on selecting the right plan for the upcoming year.
- Programs you may need – but at no added cost!
- Expecting a baby in 2024? WHA’s Pregnancy and Postpartum Support program, in partnership with Maven Maternity, offers members (and their partners) unlimited access to virtual coaching with specialists, including lactation consultants, mental health professionals, prenatal nutritionists, career coaches, and more. Members can book video appointments with coaches available 24/7 to answer pregnancy and postpartum care questions, along with offering resources such as virtual classes, educational articles, and community forums.
- Ready to quit for good? WHA now offers a smoking cessation program designed to give members the confidence to quit tobacco, supported by Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) as needed, access to coaches and tools to develop a path to enjoying life without tobacco. You’ll get a personalized Quit Plan, 1:1 access to coaches via phone, chat, or text, as well as group video sessions, all at no added cost.
- Wellness programs built-in. There’s a wealth of wellness programs built-in to individual plans, such as fitness memberships and 24-hour nurse advice but there’s other services to access you’ll want to consider if you/family member may need it, such as:
- Real Appeal Weight Loss, is a customized weight loss plan, personalized coaching with online group sessions, a digital library of health-related content, and an online dashboard to track their progress.
- Diabetes Prevention Program, available to eligible members at risk for type 2 diabetes who meet the program requirements, gives members personalized coaching and digital tools to help promote healthy habits to improve nutrition, increase activity, and reduce the risk of developing this disease.
- Type 2 Diabetes Reversal, is a telehealth nutritional program that helps participants lower blood sugar and A1C, reduce (or eliminate) diabetes medications, and lose weight. The program, includes personalized coaching, online tools, and supplies valued at $3,000 (at no added cost to members).
- Hypertension Management for those over age 18 with high blood pressure, our program supplies an advanced connected blood pressure monitor and coaching to help better manage your condition.
- Kaia Digital Therapy helps you get back to doing the things you love with physical therapy delivered in an app to your mobile phone or tablet. Good for when you can’t get to an in-person therapy appointment.
- WHA’s plans are available both directly through WHA and through Covered California. You can find all these plans online on the Individual Plans webpage where you view the plans and also see if you qualify for financial help through Covered California. You’ll want to know your estimated 2024 annual household income, number of people in the household, and zip code.
Learn more and enroll
For help choosing a plan call 888.499.1389 option 3 to talk with a WHA Individual Plan Specialist. You can also contact a health insurance agent for personalized assistant or call 888.563.2250 (711 TTY) Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding holidays) or email firstname.lastname@example.org Remember, you must enroll by December 31, 2023, to be covered by January 1, 2024.