Connect to Health Care Services — Virtually
Western Health Advantage covers services provided through telehealth at the same cost sharing that would apply to those services if they had been provided in person. This means that when a WHA network provider offers telehealth services, such as virtual visits, WHA members will have the same cost-sharing that they would have for an office visit. Please refer to your copayment summary for cost-sharing amounts.
Contact your doctor's office first to learn about virtual care visits available to you. Many offices have made virtual visits available to address the shelter in place orders across Northern California and to keep you safe and healthy.
Virtual Urgent Care
Dignity Health is offering anyone experiencing moderate COVID-19 symptoms (low-grade fever, cough, or shortness of breath) a coupon code for a free virtual urgent care visit.
To see a virtual urgent care provider, download the Virtual Care Anywhere app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store or call 855.356.8053 and use the coupon code COVID19.
Please note that because of high demand, wait times may be higher. This free consultation is made available by Dignity Health as a community service to everyone regardless of coverage.
Magellan Healthcare is providing one of its digital cognitive behavioral therapy (DCBT) apps, RESTORE®, at no cost for individuals experiencing sleep difficulty and insomnia related to novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The six-session module uses proven cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to teach users new skills, techniques and practices that can improve mood and promote better sleep.
Please see below for telehealth services offered through Magellan Healthcare.
Standard Virtual Visits Online
To address the needs of WHA members in 2020, the WHA provider network is offering many new and innovative alternatives to the traditional in-person office visit. Please contact your PCP office to learn more about new ways to receive care and advice from your physician. Additional details and links about medical group options are below, but contacting your PCP office first is recommended for the latest information.
- Get care without leaving the comfort of home — or your office. Get treatment for straight forward conditions from our providers within 2 hours.
- Typical response time is 30 minutes between 9:30am - 5:30pm; for Instant Visits started after 5:30pm we will respond by the following morning.
*Sometimes conditions are more complex than the symptoms suggest, and your instant visit provider may ask to see you at NorthBay Urgent Care.
Mercy Medical Group & Woodland Clinic
Dignity Health's My Portal app
- See your doctor from the comfort and safety of your own home.
- Available for use on your computer, tablet or mobile.
- Request a virtual visit through the My Portal app.
Telehealth Counseling Services
Meet with a counselor by video conference. Benefits include:
- Faster access to mental health services
- Flexible appointment times
- Completely confidential
- Savings on time and money by not commuting to a counselor’s office
Use Magellan's provider search tool to find a provider who offers telehealth services.
St. Joseph Health Medical Network
Providence Health Connect
- It’s convenient, face-to face care, wherever you are. See a health care provider from your tablet, smartphone or computer.
- Sit down with one of Providence's board-certified providers through secure video chat on your smartphone, tablet or computer. Talk with them about your symptoms, and they can diagnose and treat minor medical concerns you’re dealing with. They can also prescribe medication or lab work as needed.
Alternative Tele-Medicine Visits
- Contact your Hill Physicians PCP for tele-medicine and video visit options.
Meritage Medical Network
Alternative Tele-Medicine Visits
- Contact your Meritage Medical Network PCP for tele-medicine options.