How do I get a second medical opinion?

If you would like a second opinion about a treatment, recommended procedure or surgery, your PCP will make a referral to obtain pre-approval. You can get a second opinion from an appropriate specialist in your own medical group or from a network specialist in another WHA group under the Advantage Referral system. If you want a second opinion from a specialist outside the WHA network, your request will be reviewed at the plan level. If an appropriately qualified specialist is available within the network to provide the second opinion, you will be referred back to your PCP and medical group to obtain pre-approval.

The site you are transferring to is not hosted by WHA. WHA's Terms of Use and internet Privacy Practices do not apply to your use of this linked site. Please review the policies on privacy and terms of use for the linked site. WHA does not control the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content on the linked site.