Federal health care laws require health plans like Western Health Advantage to provide the IRS Form 1095-B in order to provide information about the health coverage you had or were offered in the previous year. Much like Forms W-2 and Form 1099, which include information about the income you received, these health care forms provide information that you may need when you file your individual income tax return. Like Forms W-2 and 1099, these forms will be provided to the IRS for you automatically by the entity that provides the form to you. In this case, Western Health Advantage sends the IRS your coverage information on Form 1095-B. You don’t need to submit it with your return but you may need a copy of the form to show proof of health coverage when meeting with a tax preparer. See below on how to request a copy of Form 1095-B, one will not mailed to you automatically this year.
- Form 1095-B: Health Plan Members. If you enrolled in health coverage directly with Western Health Advantage and would like to request a copy of Form 1095-B:
- Call our Member Services Team at 888.563.2250
- Request by Secure Message: Log into your MyWHA account at MyWHA.org and select Contact Us (located at the top of your screen for CalPERS members and at the bottom of your screen for all other members).
- Form 1095-A: Covered California Members only. Please contact Covered California at 800.300.1506.
- Form 1095-C: Employer Provided. Please contact your employer..
For more information visit irs.gov.