Taking good care of your family starts with taking care of you.
No more excuses. Wellness visits are FREE*! Preventive care services such as annual wellness visits and immunizations are part of your medical plan at no additional cost* to you.
Did you know?
- Men are less healthy and have a shorter life expectancy than women, on average.
- Men are more likely to go long periods of time without going to the doctor.
- Men are less likely to adopt preventive health measures.
- Men are more likely to engage in risky behaviors.
Why wellness visits are important
Wellness visits help to identify any health issues before they become serious.
- Prevention. Your doctor will provide preventive services such as immunizations that are recommended for your age group. Your doctor will take this time to discuss and schedule health screenings that are recommended for your age group or your individual needs.
- Learn more about recommended health screenings here.
- Raising concerns. You also can talk to your doctor about nutrition and other health concerns. Make a list of topics you want to talk about and bring your top three to five questions or concerns to your doctor at the start of the visit.
Team approach. Regular visits creates strong, trustworthy relationships between you, your doctor and your doctor's staff. Wellness visits are a way for your doctor to serve your individual needs and support your overall well-being.
By getting the right health services, screenings and treatments, you are taking steps that help your chances for living a longer, healthier life. Your age, health, family history, lifestyle choices (i.e., what you eat, how active you are, whether you smoke), and other factors impact how often you need health care.
Take charge of your health—make an appointment today.
*Coverage for WHA services depends on eligibility at the time of service.
Last review date: February 5, 2019