Starting January 1, 2020, OptumRx will manage pharmacy care services for WHA members with pharmacy benefits. OptumRx provides safe, easy and cost-effective ways for members to get the medication they need.
What can you do to prepare for your transition to OptumRx?
Before January 1, 2020
- Continue using your current retail or home delivery pharmacy until December 31, 2019.
- Make sure you have at least a one-month supply of the medication you take regularly to last during the transition.
- You will receive new member ID cards with Optum listed as your pharmacy benefits manager.
After January 1, 2020
- Begin using your WHA new member ID card. Present it at the pharmacy counter.
- If your current pharmacy isn’t in OptumRx’s network and you have remaining refills, you can request that your pharmacist transfer your prescription to the new pharmacy, or ask your doctor to send a new prescription to the new pharmacy.
- Most home delivery prescriptions with remaining refills will automatically transfer to OptumRx. Your billing information will not transfer. Prior to your first home delivery order, be sure to provide OptumRx with your preferred payment method.
- If you take specialty medication, contact OptumRx Specialty Pharmacy to transfer your medication.
Easy to use
OptumRx provides 24/7 access to pharmacists, online and mobile app prescription management, and tools to find pharmacies. After coverage starts, use the OptumRx mobile app (Apple App Store, Google Play) or optumrx.com to help manage your medications. You’ll be able to find a network pharmacy, check medication coverage, track home delivery orders and more. You can even sign up to receive text messages that remind you when it’s time to refill or take your medication.
Save Money on Medications
Use the pricing tool on the OptumRx app or website to see how much your medication will cost. Your formulary—a list of covered medications—is broken into sections called tiers (or cost level you pay). Choosing medications in lower tiers may save you money. You can also ask your doctor if a generic medication is right for you.
- Pick up at the pharmacy: Fill your prescription at one of thousands of retail pharmacies in OptumRx’s network, which includes large national chains and many local pharmacies. Fora complete list of participating pharmacies, use the PharmacyLocator tool on the OptumRx app or website, or call WHAMember Services.
- Home delivery: Get the medications you take regularly delivered right to your home or work. Order up to a 90-day supply of medications, with no charge for standard shipping.
- Automatic refills: Sign up for the OptumRx Hassle-Free FillSM program and receive automatic refills for your home delivery prescriptions.
- Specialty pharmacy: OptumRx Specialty Services provides resources and personalized support to help you manage your condition.