Welcome to Western Health Advantage!
Plans, Benefits and Coverage:
UC LIVING WELL: HEALTH & WELLNESS
UC employees have additional health and wellness resources through UC Living Well. To learn more visit the UC's Living Well website.
UC Davis Activities and Recreation Center
You are the most significant source of your own wellness and health, and there is much you can do to pursue them. Taking charge of your own lifestyle with regular exercise or participation in recreational activities that help you remain fit is one of the most important things you can do.
As a University of California employee, you have access to The ARC, the UC Davis recreational sports facility where you can find many individual and group fitness programs and sports activities that you can tailor to your needs and wellness goals. For more information, please visit the University's website.
Real Appeal Effect | Diabetes Prevention
Real Appeal Effect, WHA’s diabetes prevention program, can help you and covered family members take small, doable steps that lead to big results. You’ll make small changes over time — things you’ll want to do — and gradually shift to a healthier, happier lifestyle. Real Appeal Effect is completely free to eligible members at risk for diabetes that meet program requirements.
- Personalized Coaching: Up to a year of support from a Transformation Coach. In weekly group sessions for the first six months, your coach guides you through the program and develops a simple, customized plan that fits your needs, preferences and goals.
- Tracking Tools: 24/7 access to digital tools and dashboards that help you track your food, activity and weight.
- Kickoff Success Kit: Weight management tools including scale, pedometer, exercise DVDs, and more.
- Weekly Online Group Classes: Opportunity to support each other, share ideas and learn together.
Dashboards, Trackers and Resources
- My Plan Tab: Identify your goals, personal information and nutrition planning.
- Food Tab: Log meals with a drop-down menu.
- Activity Tab: Keep track of daily exercise. You can also register your fitness device.
- Water Tab: Log daily water consumption.
- Measurements Tab: Track weight, body measurements, blood pressure and BMI.
- Progress Tab: Tracking with weekly, monthly or year-to-date reports.
- Nutrition and Fitness Tabs: Plan meals, track calories and stay in shape.
- Inbox: Allows you to write and send secure and personal emails to and from your coach.
Get started at MyWHA Wellness to see if you qualify for this diabetes prevention program.
we've got you covered
As a provider-sponsored health plan, we support the doctor-patient relationship and offer access to quality doctors and hospitals.
we're always here for you
We support medical innovation and promote whole-person health to suit the various needs of the communities we serve. We provide our members with access to a wealth of preventive health information and resources from 24/7 nurse advice to travel assistance services.
Last review date: December 1, 2017