Don’t put off going to the doctor
Here are three reasons why new WHA members should schedule a doctor’s appointment today.
- We encourage you to contact your new provider as soon as possible so you can become an established patient. New patient appointments are generally scheduled for a longer timeframe than routine appointments. This gives you and your PCP the opportunity to discuss your health history, current medical concerns (if any), and other things like transferring prescriptions or referrals for specialty care.
- Establishing a relationship with your primary care physician (PCP) is critical to your ongoing health care needs. Your PCP will coordinate your medical care by direct treatment or referral to a participating specialist.
- If you have urgent medical needs that require attention prior to establishing with your new doctor, call your doctor at any time of the day, including evenings and weekends and your doctor or the on-call provider, will discuss home care remedies or find it necessary for you to seek care at the emergency room or your medical group’s contracted urgent care center. If you have a medical concern and are not sure what to do, call Nurse24 at 877.793.3655. Registered nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any of your health questions, including direct referrals to disease management nurses.
You can use WHA's online Provider Search tool to find an urgent care facility that is affiliated with your PCP's medical group.
- From the Provider Search page, choose Facilities
- Select Urgent Care Center as the Facility Type
- You can narrow your search results by Facility Name or filter by:
- Provider Type
- Location and distance
- Medical Group
We are currently enhancing the online renewal system. Please check back soon. For immediate assistance, contact a WHA Individual Plan Specialist at 888.563.2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This SBC is currently unavailable online.
For assistance, please contact WHA Sales as described below.
Call 888.563.2250 or email email@example.com.
Este documento en español está siendo actualizado y no está disponible en línea. Por favor de, llamar a Servicio al Cliente 888.563.2250 para solicitar que se le envíe por correo.